In June of 2018, a few things happened:
- Craft cocktail maker Haritha Gnanaratna met lifelong non-drinker Audra Williams.
- A week later, the bar where Haritha was working went out of business.
- Audra convinced Haritha to spend a week on Toronto Island before job hunting.
- On that trip, Audra asked Haritha if he thought cocktails needed alcohol.
- Haritha stared into space in thought then said "No".
- Audra said “I’ve got an idea.”
Fast forward to now, and Audra and Haritha live together in a charming Parkdale apartment with three adorable cats. As Temperance Cocktails they have supplied drinks to TIFF events, raised $40K on Kickstarter to make a drink recipe book inspired by the Tarot, and teamed up with Masterchef Canada winner Jennifer E. Crawford to create a sold-out night of food and non-alcoholic drink pairings.
They have done all of this fuelled by a devotion to create both compelling non-alcoholic drinks and well as more accessible events for everyone.
p.s. This is Zoe and Leo and Cinnamon Bun. <3