Smooth, tangy and sweet. Overtones of perfume and candied orange.
prep time: 15 minutes serves: 4 difficulty: easy
- ½ cup (120 ml) Greek yogurt, unflavoured
- ½ cup (120 ml) orange marmalade
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) honey
- ¼ cup (60 ml) lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tsp (5 ml) orange flower water
- 2½ cup (600 ml) sparkling water
- 1 orange, cut into round ¼inch slices
DIRECTIONSOrange Cream Syrup (yields 1¼ cups or 300 ml)
- In a small pot over low heat, add Greek yogurt, orange marmalade, honey, lemon juice, and orange flower water.
- Stir continuously while heating the mixture but do not let it boil.
- Once syrup is warm, remove from heat and pass through a coarse strainer to remove any orange rind fragments.
- Seal and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. The syrup will separate over time, but simply stir to recombine.
- 2½ oz Orange Cream Syrup, chilled
- 5 oz sparkling water
- 1 orange slice
- In a tall 12 oz glass full of ice, pour 2 oz Orange Cream Syrup and 4 oz sparkling water.
- Stir gently to combine and garnish with an orange slice pushed half-way below the glass rim.
While drinking, ask yourself: What rules do I respect and what rules am I ready to break?