Perfectly balanced floral sweetness and citrus tang, with a velvety mouthfeel.
prep time: 30 mins serves: 4 difficulty: easy
- 2 cups (480 ml) water
- 4 Tbsp (8 g) lavender buds, dried
- 1 Tbsp reserved for garnish
- ½ cup (120 g) white sugar or equivalent substitute
- ½ tsp (2 ml) orange flower water
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 tsp (2 g) lemon zest
- ½ cup (120 ml) lemon juice
- ½ cup (120 ml) egg whites or aquafaba
Sweet Lavender Tea (yields 2½ cups or 600 ml)
- Bring water to a boil, and remove from heat.
- Add 3 Tbsp lavender buds (The last tablespoon will be used as garnish) and lemon zest. Cover and let infuse for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar, orange flower water, and lemon juice.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved, then strain out and discard solids.
- Let cool to room temperature, then seal and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- 5 oz (150 ml) sweet lavender tea
- 1 oz (30 ml) egg white or aquafaba
- Add sweet lavender tea and egg white to a cocktail shaker without ice.
- Seal and vigorously shake for 10 seconds to create a foam.
- Open, fill the shaker with ice and shake for another 10 seconds.
- Into a short 12 oz glass with ice, strain the cocktail through a fine mesh sieve, tapping the strainer to get more foam out.
- Wait a moment for the foam to settle, then sprinkle a pinch of lavender buds on top.
While drinking, ask yourself: What makes you feel emboldened? When do you feel empowered?